Our team of four churches offers hosts a wide range of community events including weddings, concerts, U3A, sport and children's groups.
Our churches offer a range of facilities which support local communities and are available for hire. These are used by community groups as diverse as Choirs and Martial Arts clubs but also make great conference venues.
Availability (updated 13th July 2020)
Currently we are not taking bookings for events and activities in 2020. However we are exploring how we may reopen our facilities so do enquire. We will prioritise re starting our previous regular facility users first and will be in contact with existing users once we are ready to reopen.
If you are a new user please contact us and we will respond and let you know how we are progressing to reopening.
Please use the booking form below or the simpler contacts form at the bottom of the page to enquire about availability of your preferred location and date.
Visit our area map to see where the churches are located.
Weddings, Baptisms, Banns and Funerals
Weddings and funerals are now permitted subject to some restrictions, please see the Church of England guidance page.
Please fill in our booking form below to enquire of availability
Christ Church Cockermouth
- Flexible seating for up to 180 downstairs and 50 upstairs.
- Recording and playback sound system with stage and radio microphones and induction loop.
- PC with internet access, WiFi, forward backwards facing monitor screens.
- Large stage area with 4 zone professional led lighting system and ramped access.
- Centrally heated.
- New kitchen facilities located within the main room. Attractive garden and small lawned area.
- Parking for the less able onsite. Parking in local public car parks and streets, max 5-minute walk.
- Ramped access suitable for the less able with new toilets available inside the church foyer.
Christ Church Cockermouth Rooms
- New sound system with wireless microphone and input from music from laptop, mobile phone etc.
- Floor replaced with new varnished boards 2017
- Large kitchen with industrial cooker and dishwasher, crockery for 100.
- Seating up to 100 on comfortable chairs replaced in 2017
- A small room could be used for serving food or small groups up to 20.
- Onsite parking for the less able. Parking in local public car parks and streets, max 5-minute walk.
- Access and toilets suitable for the less able.
- Price £17/hour
All Saints Church
- Seating for up to 300.
- Outside green lawns and atmospheric tree-lined entrance.
- Parking in local public car parks, max 5-minute walk.
- Ramp available for wheelchair users. Induction loop.
St Bridget's Church
- Seating for up to 230.
- Outside open lawns with great open views.
- Parking in a small car park and village roads.
- Induction loop.
- Contact Mrs Pauline Hodge on 01946 862943 for bookings.
If you would like to book one of our facilities please complete our booking form below and we will be in touch.
To allow us time to organise resources and staff support please enquire at least 10 days in advance.
Weddings , Baptisms and Funerals
The welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults is an absolute priority for us. Safeguarding shows God's love in action and in churches demonstrates safety and security, where abuse and mistreatment of others is not tolerated.
Our Cockermouth Area Team Safeguarding Advisor is Angela Walsh Mobile: 07809567633, email: email@example.com
For more information and who to contact if you are concerned that someone you know about may be suffering harm please visit our Safeguarding page.
Parish Administrator: Sue Lake
Phone: 01900 829926.
Hours: 0900 to 1600 Wednesday and Thursday and 0900 to 1200 on Friday.
Address: South Street, Cockermouth, Cumbria, CA13 9RU