Moving Mountains is an opportunity for us as congregations working together across Cumbria to unite in locally organised mission, outreach and evangelism. From 8 – 11 March 2018 we will be joined by teams led by Methodist District Chairs, URC Moderators, Bishops and Salvation Army District Commanders. We anticipate having about 30-35 such teams visiting the county composed of a mix of lay people, youth workers, ordinands and clergy.
The essence of Moving Mountains is local congregations planning and doing local mission. The events and style of the mission are decided at local church and area level, with the visiting mission team supporting what has been decided by congregations.
• Congregations across Cumbria will be involved in the Mission
• Many of those attending events will be people not currently connected to a Christian community
• There will be a variety of different events in each group of churches, so that people who are at different stages on their journey of faith have a chance to move forward
• Congregations will be running events in 2017 and 2019/20 as part of the Mission initiative through God for All
• Every group of churches will aim to run some form of Enquirers’ Course during the second half of 2018.
• There will be faith stories in all our churches arising from the Mission that can be told