Promoting a Safer Church
The four churches of the Cockermouth Area Team have adopted the House of Bishops ‘Promoting a Safer Church’ policy and the Parish Safeguarding Handbook, incorporating the House of Bishop’s Safeguarding Policy and Practice Guidance:
• Promoting a safer environment and culture
• Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults
• Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
• Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
• Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
• Responding to those that may pose a present risk.
For more information visit the Carlisle Diocese Safeguarding Policy.
What should you do
If you are concerned that someone you know is at risk of, or is being abused, or presents a risk to others, please seek advice from a Safeguarding adviser, alternatively report the matter to the Local Authority Social Care Services or the Police without delay.
Urgent concerns about vulnerable adults should be referred to your local District Adult Social Care office (details available on the Cumbria County Council website) or the Emergency Duty Team: 01228 526690 out of normal office hours.
Church of England Contacts
Our Cockermouth Area Team Safeguarding Advisor is Angela Walsh Mobile: 07809567633, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser is Mr Charles Proctor - 07458 016884 email@example.com
Cumbria County Council
The multi-agency safeguarding hub or an out of hours social worker can be contacted on: 0333 240 1727
Parish Administrator: Sue Lake
Phone: 01900 829926.
Hours: 0900 to 1600 Wednesday and Thursday and 0900 to 1200 on Friday.
Address: South Street, Cockermouth, Cumbria, CA13 9RU